Operation Transition is a 12-month group coaching program for recently hired (<1 yr) veterans who are in their first or second civilian employment within 3 years post transition.
The coaching program is intended to keep those new hires engaged and focused on adapting and acclimating in that critical first 12-18 months in a civilian job. There is also a focus on re-purposing their military-developed leadership skills to benefit the civilian organization.
The sessions addresses the challenges of transition from military to corporate, while providing actionable steps to determine how to navigate the corporate environment, find new support systems and build new networks while leveraging what the military taught them about acclimating, adapting and improvising when in new environments.
- Work satisfaction and assimilation survey of current population of veteran employees
- Assessment of survey results
- Summary review of non-attributed results
- Work with your company to determine the desired results for the coaching program
- Identify any rules or constraints (i.e., coaching must be done after hours, etc.)
- Define how results and success will be measured
- Determine how individuals will be selected for coaching program
– Consists of a combination of monthly live group online sessions, individual 1:1 coaching calls and individual email follow up (roughly 3 hours per person per month).
- Your company receives quarterly non-attributed summaries of the employees praises, concerns and issues
- Conducted via conference call/Zoom
Benefits to Your Company
- Significantly reduce or eliminate veteran turnover (cost of turnover is typically $4,000 – $7,000/employee)
- Position veteran employees for future leadership positions within the organization
- Provide a competitive advantage when recruiting veterans
- Position your company higher in the rankings of “military friendly” employers