Training should be a critical component to your overall veteran talent strategy.
The best talent strategy won’t deliver results if the sourcers, recruiters and hiring managers can’t read a military resume or evaluate military experience.
Interviews with veterans can go sideways quickly if hiring managers aren’t aware there are questions that are off-limits to ask someone who has served.
Supervisors and peers can inadvertently create a hostile work environment for a new veteran hire if they aren’t aware there are certain actions or activities or discussions that may land the company as a whole into hot water with the Department of Labor.
The Value Of a Veteran offers a full suite of training on topics covering:
- Tax credits
- OFCCP Compliance
- DOL Apprenticeships and OJT Programs
- Military Culture
- Myths & Misperceptions about Veterans
- Disability, including PTSD, in the workplace
- Military training, occupations and transferable skills
- Military grade/rank structure & pay/total compensation
- Effective marketing and outreach tactics to connect with transitioning military, veterans and military spouses
- Military talent sourcing options, including: placement firms, job boards and job fairs (physical and virtual), government programs (DOL, VA, Service-specific), college programs and social media
- Retention programs
- And, more!
Training delivery options include live (in person or via webinar) and recorded (license and build your own custom curriculum from over 20 short modules).
And, keep in mind – training is perishable. You cannot deliver “one-and-done” training and expect it to stick. Which is why we recommended making training available either on-demand or regularly scheduling live events throughout the year.
Click the button below to schedule a call to discuss training options for your company.